Previously in Office of Tourism Marketing & Advertising Services RFP, I recapped the bids received for the Marketing & Advertising Services RFP. Now we look at bids received for the Branding Services RFP by Dawn Foster, City of Prescott Purchasing Manager, at the December 2 public bid opening.
Place or Destination Branding
Since the process of Place or Destination Branding remains esoteric to the general public, I decided to write a series of articles in an attempt to demystify it and explain why wide-spread public involvement in the branding process is critical to its success.
Branding Articles Series
Here are my branding articles in the order they were published. I encourage everyone to read through these to gain an understanding of what Place Branding is and what it is not (not just a catchy slogan or a fancy logo) and see why your participation in the branding process is critical to its success.
Hopefully this series has helped the general public understand why Place Branding for Prescott is a crucial step in tourism promotion. I hope that leads to widespread proactive involvement by many of the citizens of Prescott in the upcoming Place Branding process.
If you are interested in participating in the Prescott Place Branding process, contact the City of Prescott Tourism Director, Don Prince at (928) 777-1221 or via email at email@example.com and ask that you be included in the process.
The Bids Received
Here is a summary of the 17 bids received by the 2:00PM deadline on Thursday, December 2, 2010:
- Chance Advertising Agency – Apopka FL
- Wanderlust Travel and Destination Marketing – Troy, NY – Website
- Caddis Branding Agency – Prescott Valley, AZ – Website
- Prescott Convention & Visitors Bureau – Ginny King – Website
- True Perception – Fountain Hills, AZ
- Beck Marketing Services – Cave Creek, AZ – Website
- SIEB Organization – Phoenix, AZ – Website
- North Star Destination Strategies – Nashville, TN – Website
- Dialogue Studio – Washington, DC – Website
- Air Marketing – Phoenix, AZ – Website Note: Most creative RFP package I have seen in a long time! Cowhide envelope with “Prescott” branded on the front with three copies of their proposal inside. Proposals were extremely professional, again with a diagonal strip of cowhide across the front with the Prescott brand held together with cooper rivets – I was impressed and I am not impressed very often…
- SPH Consultancy & Services – New Delhi, India – Website
- Total Destination Marketing – Portland, OR – Website
- DiMario & Associates – Long Beach, CA – Website
- Great Destination Strategies LLC – Seattle, WA – Website
- Davidson & Belluso Advertising/ Design – Website
- Hartnett + Associates – Pacific Palisades, CA – Website
- Tracy Pilcher Et Al LLC – Phoenix, AZ
What is next?
Our new City of Prescott Tourism Director will need to make recommendations to the Prescott City Council on both the Marketing and Branding RFPs. He is being aided in the selection process by a 7 or 8 member Tourism Advisory Committee (the names of the members of that committee still remain unpublished as I write this). Don Prince has indicated he would like to get council approval before the end of 2010, so he will have to move quickly to accomplish that.
All photographs by Jack D. Wilson. Unauthorized use prohibited without prior permission.
If you found this article helpful, please leave a comment, Tweet it (button below) or forward to a friend. If I missed something, leave a comment and I will try to update the information.Jack D. Wilson first visited Prescott in 1995 and has been a resident since 2000. He took a sojourn into politics and was the mayor of Prescott Arizona from Nov. 2007 – Nov. 2009. He now writes a couple of blogs and is President of the Prescott Frontier Days Community Service Foundation.